Diary of a hairy legged multisport racer

Sunday 1 May 2016

Speed Bump!

Just when my motivation returns....Typical! Had a bit of a moment on the Mountain Bike last week. Rounded a steep corner (On Smasher for those in Nelson) and over corrected on the exit. In the heat of the moment I unclipped and put my foot down awkwardly rolling it in the process. So a week later the x-ray has revealed a small avulsion tear/ fracture of the lateral maleolus (ankle bone in layman terms). 4 weeks in this super comfortable boot should see me right.

But there is a silver lining..... The next 4 weeks will include more paddling, weights and swimming than usual. Its a chance not only to get more focus into these areas but get organised for local races ahead that get me ready for Wulong Quest in September, yet another intense stage race. Above all though its about following Physio orders and keeping off the foot as much as possible. Piece of cake right?


No comments:

Post a Comment